3.4 Costs and benefits
Potential impacts to both the industry and to consumers (intentional and unintentional) arising from new or modified requirements need to be identified and examined. Examples include:
- imposts or delays for manufacturers and importers.
- additional compliance costs and testing.
- delays or barriers to market entry.
- risks to telecommunication networks (e.g. safety, quality of service (QoS), reliability, bushfires, earthquakes).
- increased prices for consumers (it may be necessary to adopt requirements that provided increased benefits for consumers but may add to industry's burden and/or increase prices for consumers).